As I’m uncovering my thought patterns, one question keeps coming up.
The question was:
“are you good enough for this?”
This started me on my journey to trace back to how this question comes about.
- Could it be my childhood? My mom likes to tell me how others are better than me.
- Could it be during my schooldays? I was constantly teased for not being cool enough to hang out with the cool kids.
What I then uncover was even more important
While it is good to know how this question comes about; its even more important to search for ways to address it.
I came up with these questions to invalidate my lack of confidence:
- What have I done well at work or at a personal level?
- What is one thing three years ago, I’d never thought would be possible?
- What have I learned that made me wiser?
As this is a continuous journey, I’ll sure be revisiting these questions as a strategy to improve my life.
What questions are you asking?